This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #V8Mornings #CollectiveBias
Since Hampton started school and all of our activities and play dates have started back up again, things have been so hectic. As a busy mom who is constantly running, it can be really difficult to stay healthy all the time. Especially with another baby due any day now. Sometimes, I don’t even think about it. One thing that has helped me tremendously since having kids is implementing some simple lifestyle changes that are very easy to squeeze in without noticing – even while pregnant and craving everything in sight.
How to Stay Healthy As A Busy Mom:
- Take new V8® Veggie Blends on-the-go to sneak in some extra veggies! – I love this little trick. Most days, it can be really hard to eat enough vegetables or any at all. The new V8® Veggie Blends flavors – Caribbean Greens and Berry Bliss are delicious and you don’t even notice that you are getting in your vegetable intake for the entire day with just one glass. These are so convenient to grab while you’re shopping at Walmart!
- Park in the back of the parking lot to get in some extra steps.
- Always take the stairs – burn up those extra calories and tone that booty!
- Make time for yourself – whether that is going to lunch with a friend (which I try to do weekly) or getting a late night pedicure, you deserve to make time for yourself. It helps you rejuvenate and refresh so that you can take on more poopy diapers and dirty laundry!
- Take vitamins – I am currently taking my prenatal vitamins, but I think it is always a great idea to take a vitamin to help support your health in addition to a healthy diet.
- Pack healthy snacks for the kids and yourself – if they are there, you won’t be tempted to buy that chocolate bar in line at the grocery store. Chocolate is my weakness. Pack easy and healthy snacks.
- Stay hydrated – drink up! Water gives you energy and makes your skin look and feel great too! If you don’t sleep like me, you know that this is enough of a reason to drink more water during the day.
- Wear a fitness tracker to keep up with your activity level – wearing a fitness tracker has really helped me remain aware of how much I move during the day and helps me set a calorie goal every day.
- Create a workout routine that is manageable – don’t set yourself up for failure. If there are a couple of days a week that you are out running all day and you know that workout isn’t going to happen, let it go! Create a routine that works for you. Whether that is working out every day or three days a week, everyone is different and anything is better than nothing.
- Unplug every once in a while and enjoy time with your kids and husband – I did this a couple of weeks ago and I know we will again once our baby boy arrives. I am looking forward to that time because it helps me to refocus on what is most important in life.
- Cook large healthy meals so that you have leftovers for the whole week. – I love this trick even more now that Hampton is in school. Having healthy leftovers to pack in his lunchbox saves so much time in the mornings and he loves getting something other than a PB&J sandwich from time to time.
I picked up V8®’s 2 new flavors of Veggie Blends – Berry Bliss and Caribbean Greens – the other day at Walmart and I love them! They are so easy to pour in my favorite cup and take with me on our errands. I love tricking myself into getting in those extra veggies to meet the recommended daily intake. These blends are 75% juice and 25% pure water with no added sugar or artificial flavors, color or preservatives and 60 calories or less per 8oz. serving. It is an excellent source of vitamins A, C and E, you get one full serving of vegetables in every 8 oz. serving, and it has a great fruity taste! My taste buds are happy, and so is my body. The new V8® Veggie Blends come in 46oz and 12 oz. sizes – however, I prefer to purchase the 46oz! It is great and affordable way to sneak in some healthy calories.
Have you tried the new V8® Veggie Blends? How do you stay healthy as a busy mom?
Jena Proctor says
This looks pretty good. I love V8 Splash, so I’ll give this a try!
I haven’t tried the V8 veggie blends, but we love their Fusion line of juices. My boys down that stuff, and it’s not quite as bad as other sugary juices. I try to stick to water, to stay hydrated and healthy.
Karen Yannacio Morse says
V8 is always a good call, for anyone! I need to add this to my next shopping trip. And, unplugging is major. I swear the days I am ALWAYS online I feel so super drained.
Kimberly Stroh says
I worry about staying healthy with my busy schedule. Having a new baby soon plus cold season can’t mix well. Great tips!
Debra Hawkins says
This sounds great! I am always looking for ways to make sure I stay healthy because lets face it when mom is sick the whole house falls apart.
Esme Sy says
You are right, anything is better than nothing. I try to squeeze in a few minutes of short burst workout whenever things get too busy.
Tanya @ Mom's Small Victories says
I didn’t know V8 made a Caribbean green juice, my boys love the mango splash. Its tough to stay fit but these are great tips. We walk to school so if I’m feeling up to it (i have a chronic illness and pain in my feet), I leave late picking them up which forces me to walk faster to get there! 🙂 sometimes its on purpose but it’s also been on accident too 🙂
David @ Spicedblog says
These are great tips! Life is so crazy hectic right now, but it is so important to take care of ourselves, too. After all, we’re not helpful as parents if we get sick! Best of luck with your new son…ours is almost a year old now. 🙂 #client
Terri Steffes says
I’d try this! I think I would like it, too. I need the extra boost during the holidays. Last night almost did me in!
Roxanne Ferber says
I am usually pretty good about most of the things listed here, but I am terrible at remembering to take my vitamins! LOL I can’t wait to check out the Caribbean Greens!
Krystel Seijo says
Great ideas! Even though I am not a mom this applies to my busy everyday life. I am always struggling finding time to make healthy meals and find time to exercise.
Oh, I love V8 but I haven’t seen this kind before! I am always looking to get more veggies into my diet, so much better than the sugar that is around from now until the new year!
I could get with all of your tips, except for taking the stairs. Stairs scare me. It was a fall down the steps that injured my ankle and knee. No, I don’t like stairs at all.
Karina Pacheco says
Life can get crazy and it can. E hard to stay healthy but our kids need us healthy and strong! Thank you for these great tips, I always make sure to take my vitamins
Di Hickman says
I have to say I’d rather have fruits and veggies than anything else and this fall seem to be craving grapes! So I have zero issues getting my nutrients in, but I do reach for V8 on vacation when my diet isn’t as “on point”.
Tabitha Shakespeare says
These are all great tips! I love that they’re all manageable and easy to accomplish for a busy lifestyle! That juice seems yummy!
These are great tips. I like the idea of cooking large quantities of healthy food. I need to do that more frequently. I was good about this on Sunday by cooking a large soup that worked for lunch the next day, but I need to keep enough meat thawed to cook larger meals.
CourtneyLynne Storms says
What great tips!!! I’m actually obsessed with v-8!! Hubby and I always have to have a bottle in the fridge!
Taylor Smith says
These are awesome tips. I love V8. My husband loves it too!!! It is wonderful and SO healthy for you!!! I need as many nutrients day as I can.
Angela Campos says
I love all these tips! I have to say that the V8 Greens sound great. I will look for them in the store today!
Whitney @ Fabulous in Fayette says
I haven’t tried these before, but I have tried something similar. I think I’d like the Berry Bliss the best!
I love their juices, but I haven’t had the chance to try out their new flavors yet. That shall change soon!
caroline | thecarodiaries says
I find it so hard to stay healthy, and I’m only a young adult!! I can’t even begin to imagine how hard it is to stay healthy as a mother! V8 juices definitely taste so good so at least being healthy doesn’t have to be difficult!