This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #V8Mornings #CollectiveBias
Since Hampton started school and all of our activities and play dates have started back up again, things have been so hectic. As a busy mom who is constantly running, it can be really difficult to stay healthy all the time. Especially with another baby due any day now. Sometimes, I don’t even think about it. One thing that has helped me tremendously since having kids is implementing some simple lifestyle changes that are very easy to squeeze in without noticing – even while pregnant and craving everything in sight.
How to Stay Healthy As A Busy Mom:
- Take new V8® Veggie Blends on-the-go to sneak in some extra veggies! – I love this little trick. Most days, it can be really hard to eat enough vegetables or any at all. The new V8® Veggie Blends flavors – Caribbean Greens and Berry Bliss are delicious and you don’t even notice that you are getting in your vegetable intake for the entire day with just one glass. These are so convenient to grab while you’re shopping at Walmart!
- Park in the back of the parking lot to get in some extra steps.
- Always take the stairs – burn up those extra calories and tone that booty!
- Make time for yourself – whether that is going to lunch with a friend (which I try to do weekly) or getting a late night pedicure, you deserve to make time for yourself. It helps you rejuvenate and refresh so that you can take on more poopy diapers and dirty laundry!
- Take vitamins – I am currently taking my prenatal vitamins, but I think it is always a great idea to take a vitamin to help support your health in addition to a healthy diet.
- Pack healthy snacks for the kids and yourself – if they are there, you won’t be tempted to buy that chocolate bar in line at the grocery store. Chocolate is my weakness. Pack easy and healthy snacks.
- Stay hydrated – drink up! Water gives you energy and makes your skin look and feel great too! If you don’t sleep like me, you know that this is enough of a reason to drink more water during the day.
- Wear a fitness tracker to keep up with your activity level – wearing a fitness tracker has really helped me remain aware of how much I move during the day and helps me set a calorie goal every day.
- Create a workout routine that is manageable – don’t set yourself up for failure. If there are a couple of days a week that you are out running all day and you know that workout isn’t going to happen, let it go! Create a routine that works for you. Whether that is working out every day or three days a week, everyone is different and anything is better than nothing.
- Unplug every once in a while and enjoy time with your kids and husband – I did this a couple of weeks ago and I know we will again once our baby boy arrives. I am looking forward to that time because it helps me to refocus on what is most important in life.
- Cook large healthy meals so that you have leftovers for the whole week. – I love this trick even more now that Hampton is in school. Having healthy leftovers to pack in his lunchbox saves so much time in the mornings and he loves getting something other than a PB&J sandwich from time to time.
I picked up V8®’s 2 new flavors of Veggie Blends – Berry Bliss and Caribbean Greens – the other day at Walmart and I love them! They are so easy to pour in my favorite cup and take with me on our errands. I love tricking myself into getting in those extra veggies to meet the recommended daily intake. These blends are 75% juice and 25% pure water with no added sugar or artificial flavors, color or preservatives and 60 calories or less per 8oz. serving. It is an excellent source of vitamins A, C and E, you get one full serving of vegetables in every 8 oz. serving, and it has a great fruity taste! My taste buds are happy, and so is my body. The new V8® Veggie Blends come in 46oz and 12 oz. sizes – however, I prefer to purchase the 46oz! It is great and affordable way to sneak in some healthy calories.
Have you tried the new V8® Veggie Blends? How do you stay healthy as a busy mom?