Post contains affiliate links.
I follow a lot of blogs. The ones that I read daily are mostly those who have been blogging since I started 3 years ago. They are my daily reads because I fell in love with them a long time ago and I feel like I’ve been right by their side since my beginning. I enjoy reading them because while they do fabulous fashion, make-up, and how-to posts, they are also real and honest. They share their lives and their opinions. As much as I love reading a great recipe or DIY, I really enjoy reading posts that allow me to get to know the person behind the blog. I want to feel like I know them if I’m going to read their blog regularly. Blogging is about relationships. It is a growing community and can be very overwhelming when you throw yourself into it. When you find a group that you connect with, you follow them. Learn from them. Grow with them. But most importantly, you build a relationship with them.
1. I am a little O.C.D. about my house. I have to clean the kitchen, fold the laundry and clean off all the surfaces in my home before bedtime. However, I am terrible about cleaning the shower. That is the one chore I hate doing and rarely do.
2. I am an introverted extrovert. Until I started my psychology classes in college, I didn’t even realize you can be both, but you can, and I am. I scored almost 50% introvert and 50% extrovert on the scale of the test I took in my psych assessments class. Which reminds me, I have a degree in psychology from Auburn (in Montgomery) and I am seriously considering going back for my masters and maybe doctorate? The only thing holding me back is that thesis. Blah. And two little ankle biters. Speaking of…
3. I have 2 kids, but I would love to have 4. I’ve always said I want to have three and adopt one. I’ve wanted to adopt for as long as I can remember, and seeing more and more people doing it now has really encouraged me to do so. It is something I pray about every day. I’m having faith that God will lead the way if we are supposed to go down that path.
4. My favorite show in the entire world is Gilmore Girls. I love the fast paced verbal and the witty/sarcastic humor. Their jokes were always smart and sometimes over my head, but I loved trying to figure out what they were referring to, and often times have to google. I think it was a genius show that should have gone on for at least 3 more seasons.
5. I love fashion and my favorite types of posts to write and put together are fashion posts, although, I sometimes feel uncomfortable taking photos, fashion is something I am passionate about and I love being able to express myself in that way. I have many different styles. I love all things classy and girly, but I also love to rock the bohemian look. I am mostly casual, but I do enjoy dressing up from time to time. Growing up I wanted to be a fashion designer. I have had a love for style for as long as I can remember. By the age of ten I even had an entire “portfolio” of my designs. And yes, I still have it!
6. I am terrified of needles. I’m still pinching myself that I made it through 2 childbirths without dying of a heart attack. All I know is, I serve a big God and He definitely carried me through and gave me an enormous strength and peace through both of my experiences.
8. Ryan and I love to travel. It is something we are very passionate about and would love to do more of. We have a couple of big trips planned over the next year, one to Europe next summer and another to California. We are still working out the details, but these trips have been in the works for the last 2 years now. It’s about time we go, don’t you think?
9. I was born and raised in Montgomery, Alabama. While I love our city, i is definitely one that need a little love and TLC. We love living here because it is where we were raised and most of our family is here. It would be difficult to leave, although we have contemplated it many times.
10. I grew up dancing and through that lifestyle I grew a love and passion for fitness and exercise. I am addicted to it, but terrible when it comes to diet. I am constantly struggling to eat healthy. I don’t ever have any issues working out, but when it comes to eating a salad over pizza, I cave.