Well, I’ve officially joined the thirty club! I honestly was feeling a lot of dread a couple of years ago knowing that I was so close to 30 but feeling more like 18. Can anyone else relate? It’s like I woke up one day fully expecting to still be in college, but somehow ended up married with three kids. haha I honestly could not feel more blessed and as I woke up this morning, all I felt was gratitude. Grateful for my family’s health, my husband, my babies, good friends, and a wonderful extended family. Grateful for our jobs that are too fun to feel like work. Just grateful. I wanted to stop and thank you guys, too. Y’all have no idea how much you mean to me. I love this community. Interacting with y’all through DMs and emails is literally what I look forward to most every day (other than spending time with my kids, of course). I will answer some of your questions from IG at the bottom of this post, so be sure to read to the end!
Dress // Sandals // Earrings // Balloons
Thirty Things I’ve Learned:
- Stay in your own lane and look straight ahead. There’s nothing like turning back or looking beside you to get you distracted by the wrong things (comparison).
- Don’t sweat the small stuff…it really doesn’t matter in the big picture.
- Working hard and hustling does pay off when you are persistent.
- Actually do sleep when the baby sleeps. It makes you feel a million times better.
- Clean houses are overrated and boring.
- Words of encouragement go a long way. Even if it seems insignificant to us, it may not be to the other person.
- When it comes to friends, it is most definitely about quality over quantity.
- Sometimes, kids can be smarter than adults. We can learn a lot from their innocence.
- It actually is important to eat your veggies and take care of yourself. Our parents we not lying to us.
- You can’t please everyone, and that’s okay.
- Family is everything.
- Know your values.
- Forgive easily…that includes forgiving yourself sometimes.
- Saving money is pretty cool…so is having a budget. But only if you stick to it.
- Relationships matter more than things. Be careful about where you put your focus. Things include social media…talking to myself here, too.
- It’s okay to say no.
- Setting boundaries for yourself and others is important.
- Having a schedule is great – especially with kids, but throwing it out every once in a while is important, too!
- Social media is NOT real life. Let me repeat…it is NOT real life. It is a highlight reel of people’s best and staged moments. Don’t compare your reality to hours of staging.
- Every decision you make impacts others around you.
- We are not promised tomorrow.
- Starting your day with prayer and quiet time with God is the most important thing you can do. It also helps set your attitude or the day ahead.
- Daily gratitude changes your heart for the better.
- Respect is something you must earn.
- The importance of being content in the now.
- Worry does nothing for anybody.
- Joy comes from within, not from what you have.
- Show up for your people.
- Plan for the future you want.
- Grace upon grace upon grace.
Answering Your Questions:
Will you have a 4th baby?
I would love to have a 4th baby! I would honestly love a house full of babies. Ryan will need some convincing. He is not about that 15 passenger van life. haha I always tell myself that when the timing is right and God wants us to, it will happen. Only time will tell.
What’s the biggest thing you have overcome?
This is tough. I think personally, it was when we had a hard time conceiving our first baby. It seemed like everyone around us was pregnant and that was really hard. We were overjoyed for our friends and family members, but we were secretly battling this huge thing. Looking back, I do wish we had not kept all of that a secret and that we had been more open about it because I think it would have helped being able to talk to others and letting them be aware, too. I went through 3 rounds of fertility treatment and then got pregnant with Hampton! That’s why I call him our miracle baby. For us, he truly was. It’s funny now because after all of that struggle, we were blessed with two more babies in a very short amount of time and the timing of those pregnancies was not planned, but we were so thrilled! I can’t imagine our life any other way.
Your makeup is flawless…what’s your routine?
First off, you are so sweet! I really need to do a whole post on this, but for now I will share the products I am currently using that have been a game-changer for me in recent months. I used to wear drugstore products (which are great sometimes), but I recently switched to it Cosmetics and have absolutely loved it! The powder gives me way better coverage than my old one did and this concealer is the best I’ve ever used. I have tried many brands and nothing compared to those two products. I also use the Confidence in Your Glow as my blush and bronzer and it is a new favorite! Lately I have used the Tarte Toasted palette for my eyes and drugstore liquid eyeliner as well as a touch of Superhero mascara. Once I started using it in December, I never looked back. It is amazing. I have far from perfect skin, but I do make an effort to take my makeup off every night and wash my face once a day as well as moisturize, daily. I will share my updated skincare and makeup routine on the blog next week since I get questions about this fairly often.
I teamed up with fellow bloggers to host this giveaway!
Enter to win a $500 Amazon Giftcard by earning points!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
*By entering this giveaway, you agree to opt-into the sponsor’s newsletters. More information can be found within the Terms and Conditions.
Leave a Reply