This week has been a little weird with the crazy weather. We had to move back some of our plans which have made the last 2 days completely insane. Needless to say, I am happy it is Friday and I am ready to head down south to celebrate some very special twins who are due to arrive in a couple of months and spend time with family and friends! For now though, Samantha tagged me in 21 Questions a couple of weeks ago so I thought today would be a fun day to answer these random questions and a few bonus ones from you! Here we go…
1. Are you named after anyone? No, I am actually named after a dirt road. True story. You can laugh if you want to. I do.
2. When was the last time you cried? Maybe a couple of weeks ago? I’m not a huge crier and tend to hold it in until I am in private, so it is hard to remember.
3. Do you have kids? Hampton and Sophie!
4. If you were another person, would you be a friend of yourself? Absolutely! My closest friends say I’m a goofball, but I have a very quiet and reserved side to me as well. I am extremely loyal. Most of my friends have been friends of mine since kindergarten.
5. Do you use sarcasm a lot? No. Never. (See what I did there?)
6. Will you ever bungee-jump? I am not sure. I actually really like to do thrilling things like this, but since having kids, I feel a greater responsibility to not potentially kill myself, you know?
7. What’s your favorite cereal? Fruit Loops, Frosted Flakes, Raisin Bran, and Lucky Charms. I like cereal a little bit.
8. What’s the first thing you notice about people? Their eyes
9. What is your eye color? Dark brown
10. Scary movie or happy endings? I used to obsess over scary movies (I’m looking at you Karen), but now I am more of a comedy or chick flick kind of girl.
11. Favorite smells? Freshly baked anything, crisp fall air, a sandy beach, clean laundry…
12. Summer or winter? While I consider myself more of a fall person, I am a huge fan of the summertime! I’d move to the beach if I could.
13. Computer or television? Obviously computer! haha But, I do like my T.V. shows to be playing in the background from time to time.
14. What’s the furthest you’ve ever been from home? England or France
15. Do you have any special talents? I used to be a competitive dancer. I haven’t done it in a while, though and dance as an art form has changed drastically since I did it!
16. Where were you born? Alabama
17. What are your hobbies? Writing, Reading, Running, Hanging out with my kids and friends
18. Do you have any pets? My Maltipoo, Pippa
19. Favorite movie? Yikes! I have way too many! Orange County, White Chicks, The Notebook, The Devil Wears Prada to name a few.
20. Do you have any siblings? One brother and one sister. I’m the oldest
21. What do you want to be when you grow up? I have struggled with this for years. When I was younger I wanted to be a fashion designer or dance teacher. In college I wanted to be a therapist or counselor, and now I really am totally content doing this! Staying at home with my babies and working for myself is the most rewarding thing in the world.
Bonus questions from you:
What are your top three favorite books and why? The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton is still one of my favorites. It covers historical fiction and mystery and it is just awesome. Read it if you haven’t already! My others would be The Secret Garden (a childhood favorite and classic) and The Royal We is probably the latest I have read that I really loved!
Any book recommendations? The Forgotten Garden or anything by Kate Morton
What is your favorite way to relax? I enjoy a warm cup of coffee in my sweatpants with a good book in hand. Reading has always been a nice escape for me when I need it.
Favorite place to vacation? The beach, for sure! I love how laid back it is! Anything goes at the beach and it is so relaxing and all that Vitamin D works wonders on stress! 🙂
Have a great weekend and I’ll see you guys next week!