This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BeHealthyForEveryPartofLife #CollectiveBias
These days with young kids, my husband and I have very little time for date nights. While we have family around, they are really busy working and keeping other’s children and we feel bad asking most of the time. Sitters are few and far between and so we have to get creative when it comes to dating and keeping the flame alive.
Our marriage and relationship is very important to us and we make a point to keep it a priority. Dating your spouse is so healthy and so we try to do it as often as we can. We try to get the kids in bed around 7:30 every night and that is normally the time we get to have our uninterrupted date at home! Usually we choose to eat our dinner after we put the kids to bed and we watch a movie and cuddle on the couch. Here is how we make sure to have few interruptions:
– Make sure the kids are good and settled in their beds before we start our movie.
– We mix Emergen-C in our drinks every so often to ensure we have healthy days and nights. With over 20 varieties of vitamin supplement drink mixes, the possibilities are endless.
– We keep our Advil tablet vial on hand at all times so keep those annoying headaches away. Who wants to deal with aches and pains on a date? Not me! Nothing’s stronger, longer lasting or better on your tough aches and pains than Advil, and nothing works on more pains than Advil (among OTC pain relievers).
– I always have one (or five) ChapSticks on hand to keep my lips moist. Especially during the cooler months to prevent them from getting dry or chapped. My latest obsession is the ChapStick Total Hydration! The advanced nourishing formula is 100% natural, age defying and clinically proven to give you healthier looking lips.
– We turn our phones off or put them on silent so others don’t interrupt our limited quality time.
Usually when we take these steps, we end up having a great date night at home with few interruptions!
What do you do for date nights at home?