I hope you have all enjoyed my week of cruisin’ to the Bahamas with the recap of our trip, cruise fashion advice and Ultimate Packing List. It’s time to set sail to this series, so jump on deck and read my advice on how to make the most of your cruise and have a great experience.
1. Pack Light – otherwise, getting on and off the ship will not be too easy. Also you don’t want to be tripping over your luggage in those tiny rooms.
2. Be Organized – know where your important documents are and have them handy for getting off and on the ship.
3. Book an Excursion – my favorite memory from our cruise was swimming with the dolphins. It was an amazing experience and I wish I could do it again and again. On a previous cruise, I snorkeled and it was also an incredible experience. You don’t want to miss out on these fun memories that could be once in a lifetime experiences.
4. Go to the Shows – Even my 21 month old son loved the shows! The early shows were family friendly and were very enjoyable.
5.Go to the Early Dinner and Show If Traveling with Kids – for obvious reasons. By dinner time, Hamp was worn out from hanging out at the pool or beach all day. He still did great and made it through the shows as well, but I don’t know that he could’ve made it through the later dinner and show and I didn’t care to find out.
6. Make Sure You Make Time for Nap Time – trust me on this. You will want you child to take a good nap every day. Otherwise, you may have a screaming toddler on your hands.
7. Take Lots of Pictures – Pictures are so important to remember things by. My son will probably not remember this cruise, but we will have photos to share and lots of stories to tell him. I even took my Instax Mini so that I could take photos for my family and give them to them right then and there. Everyone really enjoyed that.
Do you have any tips you would add? What is your favorite memory from your cruise?