Lately, I have been feeling really tired and like I’m being pulled in so many directions. When I start feeling like this or get overly anxious, I know it is time to recharge. Sometimes that can be a very difficult task. I will soon have 3 kids – 3 years and under – and I work/blog full-time. It is not easy to always manage everyone’s schedules, work, cook, clean, do laundry, and all the other things that come along every day. When it gets to be too much, I like to take a step back, breathe and recharge my batteries. Here are some things I do to give myself a break:
- Hire a baby-sitter while I go run errands or go on a date night alone.
- Plan a girl’s night out with friends.
- Make a to-do list and check off the most important things first to prevent feeling overwhelmed.
- Ask for help.
- Delegate some of my tasks.
- Exercise outside to clear my head and have a few minutes to myself.
- Spend time in prayer and meditation.
- Fix easy meals that don’t require a lot of time or work during the day.
One easy lunch I like to fix from time to time is Lean Pockets! There are so many great flavors and I love to indulge from time to time. I have been really craving pizza lately, so the Pepperoni Pizza Lean Pockets have been a staple in our freezer. I also love the White Meat Chicken Broccoli and Cheese with a whole grain crust.