Hi! I’m Annie from All Things Big and Small, where I share parenting tips & tricks, DIY home decor and organization, and my favorite ways to be a healthy mama. I am a 29 year old stay-at-home mom of two (3 year old and 9 month old) from the midwest, where we are DIYing our way to our dream home, while raising our kids and our two great danes. Each week, I try to share my favorite ways to decorate on a budget, to parent without losing your mind, and to organize your life so you can squeeze in some time for yourself! Life is crazy with little kids and I try to share ways to make it a little less hectic! Recently, I shared my favorite way to organize our grocery shopping and menu planning (with free downloadable and editable documents!) and how to make some DIY decorative clipboards for under $4.
I know you all are huge fans of Logan’s amazing recipes and her fitness posts (as am I), so I wanted to share my favorite kid friendly healthy recipes. Now, I have to say I am not an amazing cook but I do cook a lot! I would much rather bake; but alas, my kids cannot survive on cookies 😉 For anyone interested in healthy snacks for sweet lovers, make sure to check out healthy snacks for busy moms (like these protein pancakes below)!
Over the years, I have found some great recipes and tweaked them. So these are all of our adapted favorites and are perfect for busy families. My kids certainly aren’t perfect (and come dinner time I often want to pull my hair out😉 but, my one rule is that everyone needs to eat the same meal, and that the kids eat real food (even my nine month old!). Most of these recipes are gluten free but you can obviously use regular pasta in them instead if you would like! If you would like to see more of our meal plans, and download editable blank ones click here.
- Cook’s Illustrated adapted Skillet Quinoa Pasta with Sausage and Spinach (easy and under 25 minutes) the quinoa tastes just like regular pasta!
- Black Bean Chili with Swiss Chard and Butternut Squash (a great way to stretch your meat and incorporate veggies)
- Quinoa Pasta with Pesto adapted from The Barefoot Contessa (simple, and easy substitution when you just need a quick lunch!) And if you feel up for it, just roast some veggies and toss them in it!
- White Bean Soup with Kale from GOOP (great for baby led weaning!)
- Israeli Couscous with Swiss Chard and Sausage (under 30 minute meal!)*not gluten free
Thank you so much Logan for having me today! It was such a treat to be featured! If you are interested in learning more about me, make sure to check out my blog, All Things Big and Small, where I share tips on motherhood, DIY, decor, and organization all with a side of humor!