1. What are you reading right now? Tell us about it!
One Thousand White Women by Jim Fergus
Goodreads Synopsis: One Thousand White Women is the story of May Dodd and a colorful assembly of pioneer women who, under the auspices of the U.S. government, travel to the western prairies in 1875 to intermarry among the Cheyenne Indians. The covert and controversial “Brides for Indians” program, launched by the administration of Ulysses S. Grant, is intended to help assimilate the Indians into the white man’s world. Toward that end May and her friends embark upon the adventure of their lifetime. Jim Fergus has so vividly depicted the American West that it is as if these diaries are a capsule in time.
My thoughts: I am enjoying it so far. I had to put it on hold to read Serena for our chat tonight, so I’m excited to start it up again.
2. What was your favorite series to read when you were a kid?
Nancy Drew and Boxcar Children. I was all in to the mystery type books.
3. The world is ending: What 3 books do you save from your collection in hopes to contribute to whatever new society forms?
My bible, obviously, Pride and Prejudice and can I choose my kindle? HA!
5. If you wrote a book about your life, what would the title be?
This morning? Awake and Irritable
6. What is next on your “to-read” list? Tell us about it!